MSC is the go-to strategic communication and direct mail firm for the progressive community. We work with the nation’s top progressive organizations and candidates to craft innovative, creative and highly-tested communications programs. Our clients include everyone from powerhouse organizations like the AFL-CIO, AFSCME, NEA, League of Conservation Voters and Sierra Club, to targeted congressional and statewide campaigns across the country.
MSC is constantly seeking to improve and evolve. We are collaborative and our best work is driven by teamwork and the open sharing of ideas. MSC is also a data-driven operation. We are committed to the evaluation of our work through testing and advanced analytics. We bring a blue-collar work ethic to every project.
ABOUT THE JOB
Account Executives work directly with Senior Vice Presidents and/or Principals to set strategy, manage projects and oversee creative and production. This is a client-facing role that has broad interaction with leaders in the progressive campaign community. Responsibilities include:
- • Own the strategic, creative and production process for each client you are assigned
- • Draft strategic plans based on testing, analytics, polling, research and consultation with an MSC principal
- • Manage client relations from planning to execution of mail plans, including working with client to obtain sign-off and payment for specific mail pieces
- • Assist with targeting, including pulling counts and mail lists from the VAN and/or Catalist; work with outside analysts and data scientists as necessary
- • Ensure that jobs are progressing through the creative and production processes
- • Developing and managing budgets
- • Managing staff
- • An unwavering commitment to elect Democrats and further the progressive cause
- • At least three cycles of campaign or other political project management (e.g. campaign management, directing field program or program direction at a progressive organization)
- • Budget development and oversight experience on a campaign or political project
- • Experience managing and motivating people
- • Experience with political targeting; proficient with the VAN and familiar with Catalist
- • Excellent writing and communication skills
- • Proficient in MS Office, with particular aptitude for MS Excel
- • Bachelor’s degree at a minimum
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified candidates should send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. This is a temporary position through Election Day, 2016. Salary is commensurate with experience. Mack-Sumner Communications has an excellent record placing good performers after Election Day. MSC offers competitive benefits and an opportunity for a performance-based bonus.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We believe workplaces are strengthened by diversity, and we strongly encourage women and/or people of color to apply.
Due to the volume of applicants, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your understanding.