MSC is the go-to strategic communication and direct mail firm for the progressive community. We work with the nation’s top progressive organizations and candidates to craft innovative, creative and highly-tested communications programs. Our clients include everyone from powerhouse organizations like the AFL-CIO, AFSCME, NEA, League of Conservation Voters and Sierra Club, to targeted congressional and statewide campaigns across the country.
MSC is constantly seeking to improve and evolve. We are collaborative and our best work is driven by teamwork and the open sharing of ideas. MSC is also a data-driven operation. We are committed to the evaluation of our work through testing and advanced analytics. We bring a blue-collar work ethic to every project.
ABOUT THE JOB
Account Managers work directly with Account Executives and Vice Presidents to execute strategy and manage projects from start to finish. Account Managers are the internal hub for all projects, interfacing with political staff, graphic designers, operations and the production team. Responsibilities include:
- • Project management for assigned clients, ensuring that work progresses seamlessly through our process
- • Assist with writing for mail pieces, digital products, strategic plans and proposals
- • General research for planning, targeted research for certain programs and photo/creative research for designs
- • Manage client review and revision processes
- • Oversee client budgets, pricing requests, invoicing and client payment
- • Assist with other special projects as necessary
You have a strong work ethic and take pride in your work product. You are a team player that works well with others. You embrace collaboration and have a desire to keep learning. You don’t get rattled easily and perform at a high level when the pressure is the greatest. You have excellent attention to detail and a decent head for numbers. You’re willing to put in long, irregular hours as necessary. Ideal skills and experience includes:
- • An unwavering commitment to elect Democrats and further the progressive cause
- • Excellent attention to detail
- • Ability to juggle and prioritize multiple projects
- • Strong general writing and communication skills
- • Political campaign or political organization experience helpful, but not required
- • Experience with political data tools (e.g. VAN, Catalist) helpful, but not required
- • Proficient in MS Office, with particular aptitude for MS Excel
- • Bachelor’s degree
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified candidates should send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. This is a temporary position through Election Day, 2016. Salary is commensurate with experience. Mack-Sumner Communications has an excellent record placing good performers after Election Day. MSC offers competitive benefits and an opportunity for a performance-based bonus.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We believe workplaces are strengthened by diversity, and we strongly encourage women and/or people of color to apply.
Due to the volume of applicants, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your understanding.