Mack-Sumner Communications (MSC) seeks a highly motivated individual to join our proofreading team full-time. MSC is the go-to strategic communication and direct mail firm for the progressive community. We work with the nation’s top progressive organizations and candidates to craft innovative, creative and highly-tested communications programs. Our clients include everyone from powerhouse organizations like the AFL-CIO, AFSCME, NEA, League of Conservation Voters, Sierra Club and Planned Parenthood, to targeted local, congressional and statewide campaigns across the country. We bring a blue-collar work ethic to everything we do because we believe our clients deserve nothing less.
ABOUT THE JOB
The Proofreaders, working closely with operations and account team members, will review and fact-check a variety of digital and print projects. Specific job responsibilities include:
- • Reviewing content for grammatical errors
- • Fact-checking and verifying cited statements
- • Ensuring consistency throughout the project
- • Some projects may be in Spanish, fluency required
This is a hands-on position within a collaborative, team environment.
The ideal candidate will have excellent grammar and usage knowledge, strong interpersonal skills, and strict attention to detail. The candidate must be able to handle multiple daily deadlines and perform in an intense, campaign-like environment. Required skills/experience includes:
- • Excellent attention to detail
- • Proofreading experience a plus
- • Proofreading of Spanish/English translations a plus
- • Flexible and willing to work irregular hours, including weekends
- • Bachelors degree in English or Spanish (or similar) with a strong understanding of grammar and usage (note: we are not looking for copy editors)
This is an excellent opportunity for a hands-on proofreader who wants to work with a highly motivated team in an entrepreneurial environment.
We are looking for candidates to work with us on a temporary basis for the 2016 political season (roughly through the end of October). Candidates must be available to work in the local office. Salary is commensurate with experience. MSC has an excellent record placing good performers after Election Day. MSC offers competitive benefits and an opportunity for a performance-based bonus.
Qualified candidates should send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. MSC is an equal opportunity employer. Due to the volume of applicants, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your understanding.