Mack-Sumner Communications (MSC) seeks a highly motivated individual to join our team full-time. MSC is the go-to strategic communication and direct mail firm for the progressive community. We work with the nation’s top progressive organizations and candidates to craft innovative, creative and highly-tested communications programs. Our clients include everyone from powerhouse organizations like the AFL-CIO, AFSCME, NEA, League of Conservation Voters, Sierra Club and Planned Parenthood, to targeted local, congressional and statewide campaigns across the country. We bring a blue-collar work ethic to everything we do because we believe our clients deserve nothing less.
ABOUT THE JOB
The Writers work directly with Senior Vice Presidents and/or Principals to draft content for variety of digital and print projects. Specific job responsibilities include:
- • Write and create messaging for some of the top races in the country during the 2016 election cycle
- • Perform in-depth research on candidates, parties, organizations, and political issues and trends
- • Provide support to the creative team to achieve high-quality writing and design
- • Proofread and edit direct mail pieces
The ideal candidate will have exceptional writing and research skills, willingness to work long hours during peak periods, and proven ability to work both independently and as part of a team. The candidate must be able to handle multiple daily deadlines and perform in an intense, campaign-like environment. Required skills/experience includes:
- • Ability to convey ideas in an extremely concise fashion
- • Experience in Democratic/progressive campaigns and/or political communication
- • Bachelor’s Degree in Political Science, History, English, Marketing, or a related field
This is an excellent opportunity for a hands-on writer who wants to work with a highly motivated team in an entrepreneurial environment
Qualified candidates should send a resume and cover letter and 3-5 writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org. This is a temporary position through Election Day, 2016. Salary is commensurate with experience. Mack-Sumner Communications has an excellent record placing good performers after Election Day. MSC offers competitive benefits and an opportunity for a performance-based bonus.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We believe workplaces are strengthened by diversity, and we strongly encourage women and/or people of color to apply.
Due to the volume of applicants, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your understanding.